What Goes in and Why It’s There
For every Huggies® Baby Wipe, we carefully select each ingredient to care for your baby’s sensitive skin. While some of the ingredients may not be all that familiar, each has its unique purpose. Let us tell you more.
- We use Water to remove impurities from your baby’s skin. Of course, it’s 99% purified water that’s been filtered three times.
- Butoxy PEG-4 PG-Amodimethicone makes wipes softer so they slide gently across your baby’s skin.
- Polysorbate-20 comes from coconut oil and glucose (a simple sugar from grains like rice). It helps promote healthy skin.
- Aloe Vera, it’s listed on our product as Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- We use Caprylyl Glycol as a gentle conditioner to help soothe your baby’s delicate skin.
- We use Malic Acid (found in apples) to match the pH of baby’s skin. If the pH rises too high, it disrupts the skin’s natural, healthy state.
- Sodium Benzoate is used to keep foods like bread and fruit juice fresh. We use it to prevent the growth of bacteria in each pack.
- Found in citrus fruits like lemons, oranges and grapefruit, Sodium Citrate ensures our wipes stay fresh.
- We add Vitamin E to our wipes, or as it’s less commonly known: Tocopheryl Acetate.